Call for AbstractsApplicants are invited to share their scientific results at the event as a poster, by first submiting an abstract with their application. In addition, short talks will be selected from submitted abstracts. Short talks will be 10 mins long.
Posters will be displayed on poster boards in a dedicated area at the venue, and should not exceed 90 cm width × 120 cm height (A0 poster size).
Abstracts must be submitted via the online participant portal before the deadline of 4 September 2023.
Accepted abstracts will be searchable on the event website around the time of the event, and collated in an digital abstract book.
We encourage you to present unpublished data. To ensure open scientific communication, SLBiol2023 will follow rules established at Gordon Research Conferences:
- All information presented or discussed at SLBiol2023, whether in a formal talk, poster session, or discussion, should be considered as private communication. Prior to quoting or publishing any such information presented at a conference in any publication, written or electronic, written approval of the contributing member must first be obtained.
- The audio or video recording of lectures by any means, the photography of slide or poster material, and printed or electronic quotes from papers, presentations and discussion at a conference without written consent of the contributing member is prohibited.
- Scientific publications are not to be prepared as emanating from the conferences. Authors are requested to omit references to the conferences in any publication, written or electronic.
These restrictions apply to each SLBiol2023 participant, and are intended to cover social networks, blogs, tweets or any other publication, distribution, communication or sharing of information presented or discussed at the conference. Guests are not permitted to attend the conference lectures, or poster sessions. Each member of a conference acknowledges and agrees to these restrictions when registration is accepted and as a condition of being permitted to attend SLBiol2023.
Abstract submission guide
- Each applicant can submit only one abstract to the event.
- After logging in, select the 'Abstract' tab on the top menu of your participant account on the event website.
- Abstract Track: Invited speakers should select the Invited Speakers track . All other abstract submissions should be into the relevant poster session track. If you would like your abstract to be considered for presentation as a short talk, please answer 'Yes' to the question about oral presentation.
- Title: Your abstract title should be short and informative, and must not exceed 200 characters.
- Authors and Institutions: Please add authors by using the 'Add/Edit Author' button. The presenting author can be changed by clicking the ‘Edit Author’ button of the preferred author and by choosing ‘Yes’ for ‘Presenter’ field. The order of authors can also be changed by editing the ‘Numerical Order’ of an author. Author names will be automatically formatted in the following style: A. Smith, B. Jones, etc. The author's workplace address must be added for every author listed – this can be done via the Add/Edit Author's Workplace(s) button.
- Abstract Body: Your abstract body can have a maximum of 2000 characters (with formatting and spaces).
- Editing and submission: You can edit your abstract through the online system as you wish before your submission deadline, clicking 'Save' to keep your abstract as a draft. To submit your abstract to the event, simply click 'Submit' ahead of your deadline. However, please proofread your work carefully and ensure all details are correct ahead of submission. You can view your latest draft version by clicking the ‘Preview’ button.